Andrej Fric
Andrej Fric  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 16:30
Member (2011)
German to Slovenian
+ ...
Jul 14, 2018

Is it possible, that my client disabled this?
Not even 99% matches are displayed and even after confirming a segment when I perform concordance search there are no results. And if so, why would he do it?

Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
English to German
No Answer Jul 15, 2018

Sorry dude, but there is no generic answer or this.

Andrej Fric
Andrej Fric  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2011)
German to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Question is simple and clear Jul 15, 2018

There is no generic answer on "is it possible, that my client disabled this"?
I don't think so.
The answer can be yes or no.
Not very helpful, Gerald.

English to German
Many solutions Jul 15, 2018

Ok. Yess he can disable the usage of fuzzy match translations, there simply could not be any fuzzy matches, he could have forgotten to send them to you, your fuzzy search could have slipped to the wrong languages there can be a filter from the client and there could be a filter in your across. And there could be a great deal of other things.

What I do in those cases: I check out the concordance search. Use a simple single word such as "he", "she" or "it" or "the" or whatever and m
... See more
Ok. Yess he can disable the usage of fuzzy match translations, there simply could not be any fuzzy matches, he could have forgotten to send them to you, your fuzzy search could have slipped to the wrong languages there can be a filter from the client and there could be a filter in your across. And there could be a great deal of other things.

What I do in those cases: I check out the concordance search. Use a simple single word such as "he", "she" or "it" or "the" or whatever and make sure that there are no filters and that you are using the right languages.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why concordance search doesn't work?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »