MemoQ 2015 translation memory editor bug: filtering cancels all changes without warning
Thread poster: Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:11
Danish to English
+ ...
Mar 17, 2018

I'm tidying up my translation memories, and I realised, while using the editor, that as soon as I filter a TM (using the filtering fields above the columns), all unsaved changes are cancelled without warning or notification.

Of course I can just remember to use Ctrl+S to save the TM before filtering, but it's hard to see any useful purpose of this filtering-cancels-changes 'feechur'.

Are other MQ2015 users having the same problem? Has it been fixed in version 8+ (which
... See more
I'm tidying up my translation memories, and I realised, while using the editor, that as soon as I filter a TM (using the filtering fields above the columns), all unsaved changes are cancelled without warning or notification.

Of course I can just remember to use Ctrl+S to save the TM before filtering, but it's hard to see any useful purpose of this filtering-cancels-changes 'feechur'.

Are other MQ2015 users having the same problem? Has it been fixed in version 8+ (which I won't use until they have fixed their broken Shift+F3 function)?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 2015 translation memory editor bug: filtering cancels all changes without warning

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »