John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:35
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Jun 14, 2018

LSC lookup results have taken to making suggestions with the first letter capitalized, meaning they are not very useful, at least they can't just be inserted but have to be retyped.

I have not been able to find any setting to control this behaviour.

[Edited at 2018-06-14 21:03 GMT]

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:35
Spanish to French
+ ...
Totally agree Jun 19, 2018

I've also had some bad surprises with this function. I think I've even disabled it altogether.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:35
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Just to give it a try Jun 19, 2018

I am not 100% sure you will fix this with this option, but could you check the status of one option?

Go to the Options in the minitoolbar at the top of the window, choose Advanced Lookup Settings, then the Fragment Assembly settings tab. See the state of the Do not change the case of terms. I have it disabled and LSC works fine in my case. memoQ changes LSCs to uppercase or lowercase based upon whether I begin to type in uppercase or lowercase.

Gusztáv Jánvári

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lookup results have first letter capitalized

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »