Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65] >
Off topic: Completely frivolous thread
Thread poster: Tom in London
expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 19:16
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
"Kitsch" boots Dec 9, 2020

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

Hmm. I don't think I'm getting the full picture here, Exy. You might need to post us one of those charcoal drawings of the neighbour.

She looks like a "cheerleader" and she lives upstairs. This morning, I could see her leaving the building with those "kitsch" boots.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Matthias Brombach
Christopher Schröder

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
Disgraceful behaviour Dec 9, 2020

Or it certainly sounds that way. But, Exy, we may need more graphic information to fully grasp your problem with this utterly disrespectful neighbour in her absurd, unsightly white high-heeled boots. Some photos, perhaps. From various angles. Or a video. With zoom-ins and zoom-outs, and Kylie Minogue's La-la-la at full volume in the background. And a bit of slow motion, if possible.

Matthias Brombach
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Oh sorry ... Dec 9, 2020

... Mervyn, I have put an agree under your post, which does not necessarily mean that I like or acknowledge it, just in case, one of my direct clients, agencies or neighbours should spot out my likes and draws its conclusions out of it.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Christopher Schröder
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
That’s the trouble with you Europeans Dec 9, 2020

We get this every year when we go to Marbella. Click clack click clack all night long upstairs.

What’s wrong with a nice fitted carpet?

Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
And there’s more Dec 9, 2020

I mean I totally get why you want to keep those heels on all night. And most of the cheerleader outfit. I know I would.

But what about your knees when you get to the main course?

Why do you think they call it a shag-pile carpet?

Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Love it! Dec 9, 2020

And the cheerleader outfit, too. I grew out of mine, but back in the day I could twirl that baton all day long.

Christopher Schröder
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Not European Dec 9, 2020

Chris S wrote:

We get this every year when we go to Marbella. Click clack click clack all night long upstairs.

What’s wrong with a nice fitted carpet?

The lady on the white boots she's not European, and it's clear she doesn't know carpets.
One of these days I won't be responsible for my actions, and a boot stamping on her face can solve the problem.
I will post it here as a charcoal Imprint

Matthias Brombach
P.L.F. Persio
Christopher Schröder

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Too late ... Dec 9, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:

... Mervyn, I have put an agree under your post, which does not necessarily mean that I like or acknowledge it, just in case, one of my direct clients, agencies or neighbours should spot out my likes and draws its conclusions out of it.

... the almost endless stream of requests has already declined in the last 40 minutes ...

[Bearbeitet am 2020-12-09 14:39 GMT]

expressisverbis
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Christopher Schröder
P.L.F. Persio

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Are you sure? Dec 9, 2020

About the carpet thing, I mean. Look carefully next time. Does she have burn marks or welts on her knees? Of course, if they're thigh boots you won't be able to see her knees. Thigh boots would be simply outrageous, too. Have these people no shame? They come over here, and they wear all our boots, and nobody says anything.

expressisverbis
Christopher Schröder
P.L.F. Persio

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
We finally found her! Dec 9, 2020

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

Does she have burn marks or welts on her knees? Of course, if they're thigh boots you won't be able to see her knees.

Christine! Pffffffffffffth!

Christopher Schröder
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson (X)

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
And entering herself here for the first time: Dec 9, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

Does she have burn marks or welts on her knees? Of course, if they're thigh boots you won't be able to see her knees.

Christine! Pffffffffffffth!

In person!

Adventure-Doll-Clothes-18-inch-American-Girl-Doll-Dreamworld-Collections-DWC-1240-01_large

P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson (X)

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Ouououh ... Dec 9, 2020

expressisverbis wrote:

In person!

I mean, it is a child, isn't it? And I have the neighbour thread in mind, with the joke about a legless person and the discussions, and the hidden accusations I can read there, so wouldn't it be wise and refurbish the photo a bit, to make it look a bit less like a child, i.e. by painting a beard or so?

Christopher Schröder
Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Carpet munching Dec 9, 2020

expressisverbis wrote:
The lady on the white boots she's not European

Well, no, the cheerleader outfit does suggest an American, it’s true, with pneumatic bosoms and impossibly white teeth.

But I was actually referring to this unfathomable Continental practice of having tiled floors in hotel bedrooms. Why would you want a kitchen floor in your boudoir? And have you no concept of soundproofing?

You owe it to the environment too. Even the most threadbare British B&B carpet is a valuable habitat for all kinds of wildlife.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oh ... Dec 9, 2020

... is anyone else a little disappointed by that type of white boots? I meant the kind of white boots that you can easily stamp on someone with, the kind of white boots that have high heels, the kind of white boots one would greedily lick cream off, the proper yes-my-mistress white boots.

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Soundproofing Dec 9, 2020

Chris S wrote:

expressisverbis wrote:
The lady on the white boots she's not European

Well, no, the cheerleader outfit does suggest an American, it’s true, with pneumatic bosoms and impossibly white teeth.

But I was actually referring to this unfathomable Continental practice of having tiled floors in hotel bedrooms. Why would you want a kitchen floor in your boudoir? And have you no concept of soundproofing?

You owe it to the environment too. Even the most threadbare British B&B carpet is a valuable habitat for all kinds of wildlife.

Yes, she's one of those artificial women.
I did that in February this year, in two bedrooms and in my office. It reduced the noises.
I'm a different European, I like peace, organisation, and respect above all.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Completely frivolous thread

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »