How to restore the Studio 2019 icon on the Desktop? (VMware)
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Nov 19, 2020

How to restore the Studio 2019 icon on the Desktop in Windows 10 running under VMware Fusion?

If I drag it from the Start menu to the Desktop, a link is created on the Windows Desktop.

But this link will be visible on the macOS Desktop too (even when the VM is suspended), and that's not what I want.

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:23
English to German
+ ...
How to restore the Studio 2019 icon on the Desktop? (VMware) Nov 19, 2020

Hans Lenting wrote:

How to restore the Studio 2019 icon on the Desktop in Windows 10 running under VMware Fusion?

If I drag it from the Start menu to the Desktop, a link is created on the Windows Desktop.

But this link will be visible on the macOS Desktop too (even when the VM is suspended), and that's not what I want.

Hi Hans
could it be that you have any desktop sharing options enabled on the Windows side?

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
SOLVED Dec 8, 2020

You have to copy the link to the correct, higher folder c:\users\public\desktop:

Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 10.08.08

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to restore the Studio 2019 icon on the Desktop? (VMware)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »