Thread poster: Sarah Jackowski
Sarah Jackowski
Sarah Jackowski
Germany
Local time: 07:29
English to German
Sep 20, 2013

Hello,

First of all, I am currently writing my Masterthesis about localizing iPad apps.
I was wondering if I could use the iOS glossaries from apples developer sites to create a better localisation of a strings file.
So I converted the .lg glossary file into tmx using Xbench. Now, I'd like to use the tmx file within my Passolo project.

Any hints?

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Several options Sep 20, 2013

If you have SDL Trados 2007, you can create a TM, import your tmx and add it under Options, Translation Helpers, Pretranslation/Fuzzy Matches/Concordances. (That will be a TM, not a termbase). You can also create a tab delimited file from the TMX (also via Xbench, possibly with some editing) and add the content to the Common Glossary also in those windows. You'll need to find its location and edit in Notepad or another text editor.

Sarah Jackowski
Sarah Jackowski
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... but still not working Sep 20, 2013

Adam Łobatiuk wrote:

If you have SDL Trados 2007, you can create a TM, import your tmx and add it under Options, Translation Helpers, Pretranslation/Fuzzy Matches/Concordances. (That will be a TM, not a termbase). You can also create a tab delimited file from the TMX (also via Xbench, possibly with some editing) and add the content to the Common Glossary also in those windows. You'll need to find its location and edit in Notepad or another text editor.

Thanks, the Part with Trados 2007 worked fine,

but now I try to get the tmw into Passolo.

Under Options, Translation helpers, I only have the choice to import a .pslopt file?

Probably the solution is so easy, but I am under extreme time pressure and already trying for too long... I'm probably missing "the wood for the trees"...

Sarah Jackowski
Sarah Jackowski
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Finally, got it working Sep 20, 2013

Thanks again.

I created a TM with Trados 2007.
Then in passolo, I just used the trados 2007 add-in, uploaded the TM and now I am able to get all the Matches and Pre-translations

Thanks a lot again!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Embedding a tmx glossary in Passolo?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »