Thread poster: Williamson
Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:17
Flemish to English
+ ...
Apr 25, 2006

I have the multilingual version (Dutch,French,English,German) of Dragon Dictate v8.0. and am looking for a version with Spanish in it. Do the French and Italian version only have French and Italian or is it combined with Spanish.

Giulia TAPPI
Giulia TAPPI  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:17
French to Italian
+ ...
Standard Dragon Apr 26, 2006

has just Italian, and the same for French. I think the Preferred version is coupled with English in both cases, but not with other languages, as far as I know; but you could check this information with their hot line.

Patricia Lane
Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
how is it?? Apr 26, 2006

I've been thinking of getting Dragon (EN and FR) but have heard that V.8 is not particularly good at getting "trained" and that it crashes a lot on XP. How do you rate the software? Is it reliable? does it improve? what are its limitations?

Thank you for your insights.

Patricia

Giulia TAPPI
Giulia TAPPI  Identity Verified
France
French to Italian
+ ...
No problem Apr 26, 2006

I never had problems using Dragon. In my opinion, the only thing is you do not really go as fast as they say, because of course you have to think before dictating the translation, and also to correct it afterwards. But after 6/7 pages I really feel less tired than when I used to type my text!

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 05:17
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
As Giulia says Apr 26, 2006

It's a pity that Spanish isn't included in the multilingual version. For Spanish you can only get English with it.

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon Spanish version

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »