Wordfast Pro 5 displays error msg "cannot read translated file" when trying to see Preview.
Thread poster: Gisah Vasconcellos
Sep 27, 2018

I completed the translation, saved the file and pressed Preview File, Live Preview, and Office Preview. All of them returned the error message. Created a new project and the same happened. How will I retrieve o view my translation?!?

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 22:33
try pesudotranslate Sep 27, 2018

Hi

I would take the source Word file to Quick Tools > Pseudotranslate to verify if you can create target translated file. If target file created without any error issue might be missing tags in targets that are in source. Fix all the tags and then it could generate target or preview files

Thank you,

John

Gisah Vasconcellos wrote:

I completed the translation, saved the file and pressed Preview File, Live Preview, and Office Preview. All of them returned the error message. Created a new project and the same happened. How will I retrieve o view my translation?!?

B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:33
French to English
+ ...
An alternative suggestion Sep 28, 2018

Why not simply use the clean-up function? You can always make corrections in Wordfast and then clean it up again. I have found that WFP doesn't deal well with complex layouts if I am just saving and previewing the translated file, but has no problem if I use clean-up. So, I usually go straight to that, though I do save the file "as translated" as I go along as a backup in case anything goes disastrously wrong.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 displays error msg "cannot read translated file" when trying to see Preview.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »