Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >
Too good to be true offer (payable in crypto)
Thread poster: Mireille BOULANGER
Maria Danielsson
Maria Danielsson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 12:06
English to Swedish
+ ...
scam email from Mireya Molina <[email protected]> Jan 26

Same happened to me. Got the email from Mireya Molina and in order to get my payment I need to send 250 dollars to SSCrypto. I was in contact with their support, but started to suspect it was scam, then found this thread. The document was an outdated document about Finnish defence policy from the beginning of 2000.

[Edited at 2024-01-26 10:56 GMT]

Maria Itati Encinas
Claudia Valcárcel

Matthew Louis Papapoulios
Matthew Louis Papapoulios  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 13:06
English to Greek
+ ...
same here Jan 29

The message I got was almost identical to the ones mentioned above, 5000 words at 15c/word. Only the sender is "Anna-Maria Szivak". I reported it as phishing to Gmail. So they'll probably have to create yet another account on proton mail soon. Thank you for this post!

Sofia Espada
Elina Korpela
Daniela Das Neves Nascimento Ader
Julia Adams
Claudia Valcárcel

Maria Itati Encinas
Maria Itati Encinas  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
I had the same offer Feb 11

The person's name was Mireya. I didn't check here, so I fell for it. And now when trying to get the crypto out, Binance doesn't allow me to transfer and so I decided to check if ther was any info regarding this website Sscrypto.net
I did the translation, if had to do with security in European country.

Elina Korpela
Elina Korpela
Finland
Local time: 13:06
English to Finnish
+ ...
SSCrypto / Anna-Maria Szivak Feb 11

Got this scam this week too. Got suspicious (ie annoyed) already by the fact that they only replied once a day every morning. So you want a 5k translation for next week and reply at 9 AM the next day for 3 days in a row? That's almost one working week wasted in one sentence emails. Hilarious.

Do you think SSCrypto is the scammer here, or why do they push people creating an account? How do they benefit? I decided to create a secure, local (Finnish) crypto account, but Anna-Maria did
... See more
Got this scam this week too. Got suspicious (ie annoyed) already by the fact that they only replied once a day every morning. So you want a 5k translation for next week and reply at 9 AM the next day for 3 days in a row? That's almost one working week wasted in one sentence emails. Hilarious.

Do you think SSCrypto is the scammer here, or why do they push people creating an account? How do they benefit? I decided to create a secure, local (Finnish) crypto account, but Anna-Maria did not like that. Now it seems the email account has been deleted/disabled.

Such a shame this was a scam as I got kind of excited about crypto currencies and generous pre-payments!
Collapse

Cassio Barth
Claudia Valcárcel

Gabriel Vilaça
Gabriel Vilaça
Portugal
Local time: 11:06
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Another email from Anna-Maria Szivak Feb 13

I also received an email from a so called Anna-Maria Szivak from [email protected]. What made me think that it was a scam is that there's no mention of a company anywhere in the email and it's very vague in general. Good thing I came here to confirm my suspicions.

Sy Woei Su
Sy Woei Su
Taiwan
Local time: 18:06
Chinese to Portuguese
+ ...
I had the same offer Feb 13

This is the e-mail, be careful people

Hello!
Thank you for your message!
I work as an outsourcer for COMMERCIAL AND ACCOUNTING SERVICES LIMITED. This is a young company and my boss's presentation needs a translation of an article.Company number 14694618 in UK
I am sending you an archive with files for translation below. Files in scan format, jpg high quality. Deadline is next Wednesday 21.02 1pm CET.
Final files required in pdf and docx formats. The tr
... See more
This is the e-mail, be careful people

Hello!
I work as an outsourcer for COMMERCIAL AND ACCOUNTING SERVICES LIMITED. This is a young company and my boss's presentation needs a translation of an article.Company number 14694618 in UK
I am sending you an archive with files for translation below. Files in scan format, jpg high quality. Deadline is next Wednesday 21.02 1pm CET.
Final files required in pdf and docx formats. The translated version should be kept as close as possible to the original in terms of the style used
Payment for this task is 750(it is about 0.15 per word for 5000 words) EUR, +5% to pay off all fee for exchanging funds.
One unusual detail is that the budget is provided in cryptocurrency and this is the only way I can pay. But you don't have to worry about this, I provide full support in receiving the payment and converting it into fiat currency into your bank account or PayPal
I can do the prepayment for your safety because I am not a Proz user and new to the field. Then you can start. If you will be need help with withdraw and exchange to fiat currency I am glad to help you with it.
We understand that not everyone is familiar with the cryptocurrency field and we can help so that it doesn’t waste a lot of your time.
Let's discuss what questions you have at the moment.
Waiting for you reply!
Anna-Maria
Collapse

Paweł Hamerski
Paweł Hamerski
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
she wants to pay in crypto currency? OK, tell her to change it into normal currency and pay - simple Feb 14

solutions are the best.

[Edited at 2024-02-14 16:04 GMT]

Carolina da Silva
Carolina da Silva
Brazil
Local time: 07:06
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Exact same offer Feb 17

Elina Korpela wrote:

Do you think SSCrypto is the scammer here, or why do they push people creating an account? How do they benefit? I decided to create a secure, local (Finnish) crypto account, but Anna-Maria did not like that. Now it seems the email account has been deleted/disabled.

Such a shame this was a scam as I got kind of excited about crypto currencies and generous pre-payments!

I also received the same email here, same name, exact same offer, but there was actually a day where she replied to me 2 in only one day, then after that I researched about this SSCRYPTO website and found this, glad it clicked for me right away! I was also excited about the offer, It seemed like a fun project with a great deal, but yeah, too good to be true. I just send her an email confronting, let's see where that goes!

Virginie Freire
Virginie Freire  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Then what was the development? Feb 22

Noah Koppers wrote:

I got the same offer from Olivia Walmer@protonmail some time ago but was very naive and didn’t know it might be a scam. I translated the file, created an account on SSCrypto.net and after sending her the translated files, I received the payment via bitcoin (0.03BTC so about 1050$ at the moment). I now just need to send the Bitcoins from my SSCrypto wallet to my Coinbase wallet, but to do that you need to verify the Coinbase wallet, by sending at least 0.008BTC (250$) to the SSCrypto wallet from your Coinbase wallet.
So from my experience everything went okay so far and they actually send me the BTC so is it really a scam?
My Bitcoins on Coinbase will be tradable and available to send in 2 days but I am not sure if I should send them or not due to this thread. I am not that experienced with Crypto and I don’t know how these scams are working but I was always thinking the Blockchain is kind of safe.

So was it a scam ? Did anyone confirm it was a scam?
I also got this email a couple of days ago and I was wondering if ir was a scam so I landed on this thread. But did anyone go all the way through and knows this is a scam?

Virginie Freire
Virginie Freire  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same person , same email Feb 22

Matthew Louis Papapoulios wrote:

The message I got was almost identical to the ones mentioned above, 5000 words at 15c/word. Only the sender is "Anna-Maria Szivak". I reported it as phishing to Gmail. So they'll probably have to create yet another account on proton mail soon. Thank you for this post!

I got from the same person , a couple days ago.
Wondering if this is really a scam ?

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
To reiterate: it's too good to be true Feb 22

Please don't try this. EDIT @Virginie Freire

Legitimate clients do not use crypto like this. Read Maria Itati Encinas' report below. Or that of Martin Book on the previous page. Go through the thread carefully. Scammers rely on you being careless and not paying attention to detail.

I imagine that when you have done the work they require you to send a fee of a couple of hundred dollars to "release payment". You don't get the payment, and you don't get your $200 back eith
... See more
Please don't try this. EDIT @Virginie Freire

Legitimate clients do not use crypto like this. Read Maria Itati Encinas' report below. Or that of Martin Book on the previous page. Go through the thread carefully. Scammers rely on you being careless and not paying attention to detail.

I imagine that when you have done the work they require you to send a fee of a couple of hundred dollars to "release payment". You don't get the payment, and you don't get your $200 back either.

Dan

[Edited at 2024-02-22 17:02 GMT]
Collapse

Zea_Mays
Kevin Fulton
Yasutomo Kanazawa
Barnabás Csaplár
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Iris Gallego Iglesias

Barnabás Csaplár
Barnabás Csaplár  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
They are still working... Feb 23

I have got the same mail with the same content.

Hello!
I work as an outsourcer for COM TEQ LIMITED. This is a young company and my boss's presentation needs a translation of an article.
Company number 15099326 in UK
I am sending you an archive with files for translation below. Files in scan format, jpg high quality. Deadline is next Friday 01.03 1pm CET.
Final files required in pdf and docx formats. The translated version sho
... See more

Hello!
I work as an outsourcer for COM TEQ LIMITED. This is a young company and my boss's presentation needs a translation of an article.
Company number 15099326 in UK
I am sending you an archive with files for translation below. Files in scan format, jpg high quality. Deadline is next Friday 01.03 1pm CET.
Final files required in pdf and docx formats. The translated version should be kept as close as possible to the original in terms of the style used
Payment for this task is 750(it is about 0.15 per word for 5000 words) EUR, +5% to pay off all fee for exchanging funds.
One unusual detail is that the budget is provided in cryptocurrency and this is the only way I can pay. But you don't have to worry about this, I provide full support in receiving the payment and converting it into fiat currency into your bank account or PayPal
I can do the prepayment for your safety because I am not a Proz user and new to the field. Then you can start. If you will be need help with withdraw and exchange to fiat currency I am glad to help you with it.
We understand that not everyone is familiar with the cryptocurrency field and we can help so that it doesn’t waste a lot of your time.
Let's discuss what questions you have at the moment.
Waiting for you reply!
Andrea Pina

Thank God I found your chat before creating an SSCrypto account some minutes ago.
Be careful,
bc
Collapse

Maria Elena Aparicio Aldazabal

Rodrigo Arreyes
Rodrigo Arreyes
Argentina
Local time: 07:06
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
they have IP number... Feb 23

Hello,
We hope this message finds you well. We are currently
seeking a skilled and passionate translator to join our
team, translating texts from scans in the fields of
economics, finance, and politics. Whether you're a seasoned
professional or a novice eager to grow, we invite you to
contribute your linguistic expertise to our dynamic
projects. Your role will be crucial in ensuring accurate and
nuanced translations that resonate with our global au
... See more
Hello,
nuanced translations that resonate with our global audience.
If you are enthusiastic about these topics and possess
strong translation skills, we would love to hear from you.
Please respond to this email with your CV and a brief
introduction.
Best regards,
Andrea Pina

-----------
Author: Andrea Pina
[NOTE: The author is not a registered ProZ.com user or was not logged in when sending this message.]
Author's IP address: 169.150.218.131
Message type: Job-related
Collapse

Maria Elena Aparicio Aldazabal

Ángel Fernández Molero
Ángel Fernández Molero
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
I received the same e-mail from this "Andrea Pina", but with a different IP number Mar 19

Hello,
nuanced translations that resonate with our global au
... See more
Hello,
nuanced translations that resonate with our global audience.
If you are enthusiastic about these topics and possess
strong translation skills, we would love to hear from you.
Please respond to this email with your CV and a brief
introduction.
Best regards,
Andrea Pina

-----------
Autor: Andrea Pina
[NOTA: el autor no es un usuario registrado de ProZ.com o no había iniciado sesión cuando envió este mensaje.]
Dirección IP del autor: 146.70.202.4
Tipo de mensaje: Job-related
Collapse

IRENE DE BRITO
Santiago Rodríguez

Jeremy Garcia
Jeremy Garcia
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
Another massive scam Mar 20

Barnabás Csaplár wrote:

Same email here from Andrea Pina but the deadline was 28/03... I never thought this was for real but it's good to confirm this was a scam.

Selene Desiré Bovo

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Too good to be true offer (payable in crypto)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »