Server issues
Thread poster: Kathryn Britton
Kathryn Britton
Kathryn Britton
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:57
Italian to English
Feb 23, 2023

Not wishing to name an agency in particular but ... I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues with a regular agency which has recently switched to a new server. It is driving me nuts and I would be interested in finding out whether it is just me or if others are having similar issues. Jobs are now assigned directly via the server with translators receiving a "Job Request" notification by email and then, a "Job Accepted" notification once you have accepted the job - if you get there in time!!... See more
Not wishing to name an agency in particular but ... I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues with a regular agency which has recently switched to a new server. It is driving me nuts and I would be interested in finding out whether it is just me or if others are having similar issues. Jobs are now assigned directly via the server with translators receiving a "Job Request" notification by email and then, a "Job Accepted" notification once you have accepted the job - if you get there in time!! The whole First Come First Serve is in issue for me in itself - I have even received notifications of "The Job is no longer available" before the Job Request notification. Other times I have accepted a job to then find out that almost 2 hours later, the job has been assigned to another resource (and of course, I turned down other work in the meantime as I had committed to the job on the server ... my mistake clearly. I have contacted the agency numerous times but with no real explanation. Is it just me? Or are any of you also having similar issues? Considering that I do this to pay the bills, not just for fun, it's causing quite a lot of anxiety as I am seeing work literally disappear in front of my eyes... so is it me ??Collapse

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
I think you're talking about translation management systems Feb 23, 2023

Sadly, these are designed for the convenience of the company, not the translator. They've made our lives much more complicated, and destroyed any semblance of a personal relationship. But that's progress...

Philippe Etienne
Marianella B. Mansilla
Michele Fauble
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Server issues

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »