expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 15:21
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Are you sure? Mar 22, 2023

Baran Keki wrote:

Culturally we're lagging at least 50 to 100 years behind the affluent West, so please do forgive our crude manners.

[Edited at 2023-03-22 18:19 GMT]

https://www.sbs.com.au/guide/article/2017/03/17/oh-just-list-10-amazing-things-came-turkey

They forgot to add Tarkan to that list!

Angie Garbarino
Baran Keki

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
So... Mar 23, 2023

Baran Keki wrote:
Thank you for your comprehensive reply, it all makes sense now. I was apparently misinformed by your colleagues who were 'complaining among themselves'.
Unfortunately, I was born, raised and live in a third world country where the concept of 'political correctness' is non-existent. We don't have PC or wokeness here. Culturally we're lagging at least 50 to 100 years behind the affluent West, so please do forgive our crude manners. But thanks to the internet, we're learning. Watching a TV series on Netflix the other day, I learned that the Vikings had black female warrior chiefs that led them back in the dark ages... Who knew!

[Edited at 2023-03-22 18:19 GMT]

Shall we just call you Borat from now on?

P.L.F. Persio

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:21
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
From and into Martian Mar 25, 2023

Baran Keki wrote:

Just saw this today, the rates wouldn't change even if you translated into or from Martian...

In that combination there is not too much to translate, believe me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TStPNqex3uA

Therefore their low price may be justified.

Baran Keki

Sadek_A
Sadek_A  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:21
English to Arabic
+ ...
... Mar 25, 2023

Vladimir Pochinov wrote:

Sadek_A wrote:
There is clearly a vibe of fires burning inside, and among, many translators here recently in face of abuse by companies/clients, only to be "peed-on out" with a lame "it helps to turn the other cheek".

Perhaps, the best approach is "to turn the other cheek" and then sue for both cases?

To avoid any misunderstanding, this option comes from a joke I've come across recently.

What if they go for a third one or more?

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:21
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
No Mar 26, 2023

Ice Scream wrote:
Shall we just call you Borat from now on?

No and you better delete that post.

Baran Keki

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What a cheek!!!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »