Thread poster: Aleks Krokhov
Aleks Krokhov
Aleks Krokhov
Local time: 16:58
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 26, 2022

Good day!
My name is Aleksey, I live in Ukraine. I work as a freelancer, translating texts using 10 languages.
Unfortunately, on the 24th of February, the war in Ukraine began.
Because of that prices for goods, food and services have seriously changed.
I levelled up the prices for my services on 15 percent.
But I would like to know more information about this issue. If there are other translators from Ukraine - did you change prices and if yes - what is the percent
... See more
Good day!
My name is Aleksey, I live in Ukraine. I work as a freelancer, translating texts using 10 languages.
Unfortunately, on the 24th of February, the war in Ukraine began.
Because of that prices for goods, food and services have seriously changed.
I levelled up the prices for my services on 15 percent.
But I would like to know more information about this issue. If there are other translators from Ukraine - did you change prices and if yes - what is the percentage?
Thank you, and peace to all of you!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2022-10-04 18:20 GMT]
Collapse

Dalia Nour

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Not in Ukraine, but I do translate Ukrainian into English Sep 27, 2022

I charge in dollars and ended up raising my translation and revision prices +7%. I actually hadn't intended to, but a big client started trying to beg discounts in a very rude way.

I felt obligated to instead raise prices as a matter of principle.

That said, I do several languages, and orders for both Ukrainian and Russian are now at an all-time low. Doesn't seem to be affected by the price raise, just the current situation. My third language pair seems to be going grea
... See more
I charge in dollars and ended up raising my translation and revision prices +7%. I actually hadn't intended to, but a big client started trying to beg discounts in a very rude way.

I felt obligated to instead raise prices as a matter of principle.

That said, I do several languages, and orders for both Ukrainian and Russian are now at an all-time low. Doesn't seem to be affected by the price raise, just the current situation. My third language pair seems to be going great for the moment.

For your case, I would suggest charging any foreign clients in dollars or euros if you don't already. Also, perhaps explore additional Slavic source languages in topics you are experienced with, once you know a couple, the rest can be comprehended at the price of extra effort and a migraine.
Collapse

Monica RW

Michael Newton
Michael Newton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:58
Japanese to English
+ ...
change of prices Sep 29, 2022

I don't change prices. I just go for A-list clients and volume.

Jocelyn Laney
Jocelyn Laney  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 22:58
Japanese to English
Inflation in 2022 Sep 30, 2022

This year I raised my prices, just a little, based on the increase of my own experience. If your local currency is unstable, prioritize jobs in USD or EU.

I think your 15% increase is fair considering your situation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change of prices for translation services

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »