Office 2010 PowerPoint: error 1935
Thread poster: Phil Hand
Phil Hand
Phil Hand  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 04:26
Chinese to English
Jul 16, 2014

Has anyone had this problem? All of a sudden when I try to open a chart in PowerPoint, it tells me I need to install some new feature. It goes into a very long, very slow installation process, which fails at the end with an error 1935.

Searching around I saw the suggestion that it could be the .Net framework, so I reset mine. Didn't work. Also tried to free up some disk space. Didn't work.

Anyone seen this before or have any idea what it is? Was there an update this mon
... See more
Has anyone had this problem? All of a sudden when I try to open a chart in PowerPoint, it tells me I need to install some new feature. It goes into a very long, very slow installation process, which fails at the end with an error 1935.

Searching around I saw the suggestion that it could be the .Net framework, so I reset mine. Didn't work. Also tried to free up some disk space. Didn't work.

Anyone seen this before or have any idea what it is? Was there an update this month? I only use this feature about once a month for a regular client, so this is something that's happened since mid-June.
Collapse

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 22:26
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
steps Jul 16, 2014

Have you tried all of the steps described here?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926804

By the way, it might be better to be prompted to confirm any updates to the OS to see what components are being updated, instead of automatic updates.

You can see the list of updates via Windows Update (if you are using Windows). There is a link to past updates in the left menu.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Office 2010 PowerPoint: error 1935

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »