português para inglês
Jul 30, 2002

Stop criticizing and start exercizing.

suesimons
suesimons  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:45
português para inglês
Stop criticizing Jul 30, 2002

Agreed, Sonia. There are people on this site who are downright rude at times, in response to translators\' suggestions. This is a forum and everyone\'s suggestions should be welcome.

Rafa Lombardino
Rafa Lombardino
Estados Unidos
Local time: 03:45
Membro (2005)
inglês para português
+ ...
I agree with you Jul 30, 2002

I\'ve been reading many things about how young and unexperienced translators are bringing the quality of this translation site down... About how they are kudo-maniacs and post low rates to get any kind of job. Don\'t you think that these people are the same that are full of themselves and, because of this, they are jealous and mad at the rest of the world?

Honestly, I really like answering to kudoz terms. I\'ve been learning a lot from colleagues and people appreciate my sug
... See more
I\'ve been reading many things about how young and unexperienced translators are bringing the quality of this translation site down... About how they are kudo-maniacs and post low rates to get any kind of job. Don\'t you think that these people are the same that are full of themselves and, because of this, they are jealous and mad at the rest of the world?

Honestly, I really like answering to kudoz terms. I\'ve been learning a lot from colleagues and people appreciate my suggestions. I\'ve been working on my Spanish skills as well and I feel more confident now to write in Spanish. I really feel at home at Proz.com. Earning kudoz points is cool, but not the main reason why I come here every day. When I\'m not too busy, I like reading everything I can related to my area and learn more and more each time... And it\'s not because I\'m only 22. I\'m sure I\'m gonna be learning for the rest of my life!

Another thing that has really been bugging me is the complains about rates. If someone wants to charge 0.001 per source word, it\'s this person\'s problem, right? The clients have to check the resumes and choose what\'s best for them. Sometimes, some people don\'t demand good quality; they just want to get it done. That\'s the same reason why many people don\'t study a foreign language; they always think they know it all... And, for Brazilian translators, low rates are not that bad. Have you checked the dollar rate lately? ;o)

Best regards,

Rafaela Machado Lombardino

a 22-year-old translator and journalist

who\'s trying to grow up professionally

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-30 20:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-30 20:31 ]
Collapse

Leonardo Parachú
Leonardo Parachú  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:45
inglês para espanhol
+ ...
Just spread your wings and fly away, fly away, fly away... Jul 31, 2002

Freddy Mercury has long ago said it...

I stick to that...

Kind regards everyone.
[addsig]

Valeria Verona
Valeria Verona  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 06:45
Membro (2003)
inglês para espanhol
+ ...
Pois é... Aug 2, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-07-31 00:16, MEATLOAF wrote:

Freddy Mercury has long ago said it...

I stick to that...

Kind regards everyone.

Concordo com você 100%. Não vale a pena nem ligar...

Vale

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unethical behaviour

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »