Need to find an agency at a particular area
Thread poster: kd42
kd42
kd42
Estonia
Local time: 06:00
English to Russian
Sep 1, 2023

I am trying to find a team of interpreters for my client, but I cannot find the "location" filter in the agency search. Does is exist? Is it restricted to paying members only? Am entirely mistaken?
Thank you.

Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Local time: 00:00
SITE STAFF
SITE LOCALIZER
You can filter the Business directory by country: Sep 3, 2023

Hi!

I hope that you are well.

You can filter the Business directory by country, using the filter at the top right corner, regardless of your membership status:

If you are not seeing it, or it's not working, please don't hesitate to report this.

I hope this servers for your purposes!

expressisverbis

kd42
kd42
Estonia
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
It works but does not help, thank you Sep 4, 2023

Thank you for your help, Andrea,

Filtering by country does not help me, because I am speaking about the USA, not a small country like Iceland.

A couple of minor technical side notes:
= Your link to "Business directory" takes the viewer to the same forum topic.
= The "Business directory" is not present in the site menus, there are "Translation companies" instead. When I clicked on the menu item, I was taken to the page you refer to, its title is "Translation
... See more
Thank you for your help, Andrea,

Filtering by country does not help me, because I am speaking about the USA, not a small country like Iceland.

A couple of minor technical side notes:
= Your link to "Business directory" takes the viewer to the same forum topic.
= The "Business directory" is not present in the site menus, there are "Translation companies" instead. When I clicked on the menu item, I was taken to the page you refer to, its title is "Translation agencies & companies". A "fail" for inconsistency, I'd say.
Collapse

Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
SITE STAFF
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you for your response. Sep 4, 2023

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologies, you should be seeing the correct link now.

And thank you for your feedback! I can't assure you that a more specific location filter will be added to the Business directory in the immediate future, but I've logged both this and your comments on the navigation for review and possible implementation.

Thank you for using the site! If you need anything else
... See more
Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologies, you should be seeing the correct link now.

And thank you for your feedback! I can't assure you that a more specific location filter will be added to the Business directory in the immediate future, but I've logged both this and your comments on the navigation for review and possible implementation.

Thank you for using the site! If you need anything else, don't hesitate to submit a support request.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:00
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Kd Sep 5, 2023

kd42 wrote:
I am trying to find a team of interpreters for my client, but I cannot find the "location" filter in the agency search.

You probably mean this, but the freelancers' directory does have this feature:
https://www.proz.com/translator-directory/
Halfway down the page: Location, within X miles of Y.

I agree that although many businesses operate online these days, some clients need a service provider in a physical location, and "country" or "continent" is not fine enough.

[Edited at 2023-09-05 06:25 GMT]

kd42

kd42
kd42
Estonia
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Andrea and Samuel Sep 5, 2023

Thanks Andrea and Samuel.
I need an "agency's team" of interpreters, to push all the responsibility upon the agency, no additional headaches for me or my client.
I outsourced translation and interpreting to freelancers, including my friends and Proz 5-star paying members, will never do it again, it's far worse than tending sheep (did that too).

IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 22:00
English to Russian
+ ...
Tending sheep (failed that too) Sep 6, 2023

I reckon it will be pretty hard to find any decent collaborators here after smudging "friends and 5-star Proz members" the way you did. You might as well delete your post to avoid harming yourself any further:-)

In case you haven't noticed, project management is a separate profession requiring a great number of skills in organization, managing human factors (see para. one), logistics, forecasting, planning etc etc. Starting with selecting and putting together a manageable, closely f
... See more
I reckon it will be pretty hard to find any decent collaborators here after smudging "friends and 5-star Proz members" the way you did. You might as well delete your post to avoid harming yourself any further:-)

In case you haven't noticed, project management is a separate profession requiring a great number of skills in organization, managing human factors (see para. one), logistics, forecasting, planning etc etc. Starting with selecting and putting together a manageable, closely fit team of creative people with big egos (YES, we all have plenty of that, it's the nature of the beast!!) , which is a huge task in itself but pays off tenfold when accomplished. Unless, of course, the goal is to make a lot of money by sticking together herds of unknown 1-2-cent geniuses and pocket the rest but the crowd gathered was of a somewhat different nature, as I conclude from the context.

You may not be anxious to mess with it and that's perfectly fine but expecting to throw some feed to the lifestock and sit around waiting for bacon and steaks to grow on its own is... not someone else's fault, to put it mildly. Sounds like not everything went wrong exclusively on the translators' side...
Collapse

Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
SITE STAFF
SITE LOCALIZER
City and proximity based filter on the Business directory. Oct 4, 2023

Thank you again for your feedback, KD. Based on your request, we have added a city and proximity based filter to the Business directory!

You can test it here »

Thank you for using the site. Don't hesitate to submit a support request » if you need anything else.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need to find an agency at a particular area

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »