Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:38
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
It's the base rate that is important Sep 27, 2012

If you charge normally 20 rats per word without discount scheme you should charge perhaps 25 rats if the customer wants to apply a discount scheme. For small jobs filling in the Excel sheet for the discount takes more time than the translation.
Remember also, that customers who make you use a specified tool have a big financial advantage over customers that let you yourself decide how to translate and who don't get a TM from you.

DAVOOD RASTGUO
DAVOOD RASTGUO  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:38
English to Swedish
+ ...
CAT translation tool rate for marketing Website Jul 17, 2022

Hello everyone;
Agency has approached me for a marketing website Swedish translation of a marketing website. They are using Easyrtranslator so obviously, I am dealing with fuzzy matches etc.

I see most agencies claiming to perform complete human translation(2-3 translators reviewing the work) charge around £2500 for that amount of words when it comes to a marketing website.

Should I give what mainstream agencies charges for rare languages like Swedish as my rate
... See more
Hello everyone;
Agency has approached me for a marketing website Swedish translation of a marketing website. They are using Easyrtranslator so obviously, I am dealing with fuzzy matches etc.

I see most agencies claiming to perform complete human translation(2-3 translators reviewing the work) charge around £2500 for that amount of words when it comes to a marketing website.

Should I give what mainstream agencies charges for rare languages like Swedish as my rate as a freelance? Or if I go by words, shouldn't I increase word/rate to guarantee the same reward when the percentage of matches has been applied? Appreciate all your replies
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates when using CAT tools

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »