Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:38
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Support tickets May 10

Thanks for your clarification, Lucia. Much appreciated.

Would it be possible in the support ticket system to exempt certain important types of tickets from the member/non-member distinction? When we report a problem related to abuse (spam, for example), privacy or security, it should not be given lower priority based on the membership status. I know this one was dealt with in a timely manner, but not until after I had been told, 'There are currently 122 support requests from paying
... See more
Thanks for your clarification, Lucia. Much appreciated.

Would it be possible in the support ticket system to exempt certain important types of tickets from the member/non-member distinction? When we report a problem related to abuse (spam, for example), privacy or security, it should not be given lower priority based on the membership status. I know this one was dealt with in a timely manner, but not until after I had been told, 'There are currently 122 support requests from paying ProZ.com members in the queue. Please note that paying members are given priority support over non-members.'

You may or may not want to exempt genuine bug reports too, as they are often a service to the site and the community, not about individual help to users.
Collapse

Christopher Schröder
Tanja Oresnik
Zea_Mays
Jennifer Levey
Michele Fauble
Charlie Bavington
Philip Lees

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
All support requests are processed equally upon submission May 10

Every support request that enters the system is immediately processed (i.e. reviewed or checked) and assigned priority first depending on the topic, then by membership status. In other words, members' support requests are given priority over non-members' ones only if the issue is not one that requires immediate action or attention.

If this is not clear from the system, we may be able to change the message that displays after submission to clarify.

Lucia

Thomas T. Frost

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:38
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Clarification May 10

I see. Thanks for clarifying. So I think the only think needed is a clarification of that in the confirmation message so a user submitting something urgent doesn't think it's going to sit at the end of a long queue for weeks.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Peter Motte
Peter Motte  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 11:38
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Don't go... May 10

I hope this doesn't mean Proz.com could disappear. Such a lot of stuff has disappeared during the years, that I really got a bit fed up with the idea of "disruptive technology". What does it actually disrupt?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Email address data breach from Proz

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »