Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]
How can one maintain one's health to live and work as translator until 70?
Thread poster: Trinh Do
Daniel Frisano
Daniel Frisano  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:56
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Three things Mar 15, 2018

Eat well, sleep well, [four-letter word, but not THAT one] well.

Lian Pang
Lian Pang  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2018)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Exercise and Keep moving Mar 15, 2018

I guess stay away from alcohol, tabaco, excessive coffee intake.

Also as a freelance I gotta say, having the strong will to maintain a regular sleep pattern is important too...

I often find myself sitting in front of the computer till 3 am just because I want to finish my work without disrupting my train of thoughts. I could have just go to sleep and wake up earlier ... Now i have black eyes circles and wrinkles....
See more
I guess stay away from alcohol, tabaco, excessive coffee intake.

Also as a freelance I gotta say, having the strong will to maintain a regular sleep pattern is important too...

I often find myself sitting in front of the computer till 3 am just because I want to finish my work without disrupting my train of thoughts. I could have just go to sleep and wake up earlier ... Now i have black eyes circles and wrinkles.
Collapse

Oksana Weiss
Oksana Weiss  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2011)
German to English
+ ...
Daniel, do you mean live?:) Mar 19, 2018

In general, one should create work-life balance from the permanent imbalance of working as a freelancer (too much work - no free time, no work - lots of free time). The secret is to find a hobby and/or a kind of sport to get away from the writing table when nothing happens, instead of sitting hours long in social networks and reading forum posts. Sighs. That's not easy, but it's worth a try, and sometimes when you really find your thing, it can become a lifelong passion. Number 2, of course, aft... See more
In general, one should create work-life balance from the permanent imbalance of working as a freelancer (too much work - no free time, no work - lots of free time). The secret is to find a hobby and/or a kind of sport to get away from the writing table when nothing happens, instead of sitting hours long in social networks and reading forum posts. Sighs. That's not easy, but it's worth a try, and sometimes when you really find your thing, it can become a lifelong passion. Number 2, of course, after the translation:)Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can one maintain one's health to live and work as translator until 70?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »