Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61] >
這算是翻譯 (Is this considered translation to you?)
Thread poster: Wenjer Leuschel (X)
ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:35
English to Chinese
+ ...
纯学术 Feb 18, 2011

Zhoudan wrote:

顺便说一下,这条线不翻墙进不来。不知道哪些地方触碰了红线。

这是纽约州一家纯学术机构 Intellectual Property Library 的网站,不知哪里触动了红色神经?不过,我估计这篇专利摘要不是由美国的翻译社经手翻译的。美国的翻译社通常都会找至少一位 editor/ proofreader 审核译文。

如果上 Google 搜索一下 "The invention provides a method to prepare a compound method” 这句明显错误的句子,就可发现国内某网站也登出了这篇译文。
http://www.chemyq.com/patentfmen/pt52/515891_DF7AA.htm

这篇译文错误很多,尤其是在格式和语法结构方面。不过,出“民工价”就难怪拿不到高质量译文。据我所知,国内某些专利代理机构收外国公司的专利翻译费是按 $200USD/小时收的(现在也许又涨价了)。然后,那些专利代理机构又转手以“民工价”让别人去翻译。这就是为什么一部分人会那么快就富起来的道理。

[Edited at 2011-02-19 06:38 GMT]

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:35
English to Chinese
+ ...
那个链接不翻墙也能看 Feb 19, 2011

应该不是这个链接的缘故,我估计是这整个话题下面可能有哪一处或几处碰到了红线。

ysun wrote:

Zhoudan wrote:

顺便说一下,这条线不翻墙进不来。不知道哪些地方触碰了红线。

这是纽约州一家纯学术机构 Intellectual Property Library 的网站,不知哪里触动了红色神经?

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
很可能 Feb 19, 2011

Zhoudan wrote:

应该不是这个链接的缘故,我估计是这整个话题下面可能有哪一处或几处碰到了红线。

大概是因为前面有人在此谈及了“有关紧要”的话题。

[Edited at 2011-02-19 21:41 GMT]

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
数风流人物 还看今朝 Feb 19, 2011

With the international backdrop being the way it is, the Great Firewall would bound to be working overtime these days.

Its filtering mechanism is probably trolling through all the old postings to make sure everything said in the past is kosher.

[Edited at 2011-02-19 19:02 GMT]

nigerose
nigerose  Identity Verified
China
Chinese to English
+ ...
官方机构提供的译文 Feb 22, 2011

ysun wrote:

碰巧在网上看到这篇专利摘要及其译文。如果把译成这样的申请书拿到欧美国家去申请,肯定会被专利审查官拒绝。我甚至怀疑该译者在译完之后有没有从头到尾再看一遍。哪怕是不懂有机化学的人,也能看出不少错误来。
http://ip.com/patapp/CN1528738

Translation in English:

The invention provides a method to prepare a compound method, including the steps: ethylbenzene and capryl chloride make Friedel-Crafts reaction to generate p-capryl chloroethylbenzene; convert capryl chloroethylbenzene under the action of sodium iodide into p-capryl iodoethylbenzene; p-capryl iodoethylbenzene and acetylamino diethyl malonate condense under the action of alkali to generate 2-(p-capryl phenethyl)-2-acetylamino diethyl malonate; or p-capryl iodoethylbenzene makes elimination reaction under the action of alkali to generate p-capryl styrene, which together with acetylamino diethyl malonate condenses under the action of alkali into 2-(p-capryl phenethyl)-2- acetylamino diethyl malonate; a compound is reduced into 2-[4-(1-hydroxyoctyl) phenethyl-]2- acetylamino propylene alcohol; the other coumpound makes hydrogenolysis to obtain 2-(p-octyl phenethyl)-acetylamino propylene alcohol; make alkali hydrolyzation and then acidifies them into salt, so as to obtain it. It also provides a method to prepare intermediate in the above preparing course.

Original in Chinese:

本发明提供制备如式(I)化合物的方法:所述方法包括以下步骤:氯乙基苯(II)与辛酰氯进行Friedel-Crafts反应,生成对辛酰基氯乙基苯(III);对辛酰基氯乙基苯(III)在碘化钠的作用下转化成对辛酰基碘乙基苯(IV);对辛酰基碘乙基苯(IV)与乙酰氨基丙二酸二乙酯(V)在碱的作用下缩合生成2-对辛酰基苯乙基-2-乙酰氨基丙二酸二乙酯(VI);或对辛酰基碘乙基苯(IV)在碱的作用下进行消除反应生成对辛酰基苯乙烯(IX),对辛酰基苯乙烯(IX)与乙酰氨基丙二酸二乙酯(V)在碱的作用下缩合生成2-对辛酰基苯乙基-2-乙酰氨基丙二酸二乙酯(VI);化合物(VI)还原生成2-[4-(1-羟基辛基)苯乙基-]2-乙酰氨基丙二醇(VII);化合物(VII)氢解得到2-对辛基苯乙基-乙酰氨基丙二醇(VIII);经碱水解,然后盐酸酸化成盐得到(I)。本发明方法具有路线短、操作简单、总收率高达30~35%、制备成本低的特点。同时还提供在上述制备过程中中间体的制备方法。

[Edited at 2011-02-17 04:50 GMT]

看看这里,你就知道这是官方机构提供的译文。
http://v3.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?DB=EPODOC&adjacent=true&locale=en_EP&FT=D&date=20040915&CC=CN&NR=1528738A&KC=A

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
甭管它是官方还是私方 Feb 22, 2011

甭管它是官方还是私方,你觉得此文译得如何?

nigerose
China
Chinese to English
+ ...
当然不好 Feb 22, 2011

ysun wrote:

甭管它是官方还是私方,你觉得此文译得如何?

当然不好,但它是官方提供的译文并收录在权威专利机构的数据库中。有可能是官方借助机器翻译的,也可能是官方人员或者与官方合作的单位翻译的。
由此证明,人的重要性还是第一位的。

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
确实不怎么样 Feb 22, 2011

nigerose wrote:

ysun wrote:

甭管它是官方还是私方,你觉得此文译得如何?

由此证明,人的重要性还是第一位的。

恐怕不一定是官方提供的译文。况且,官方不官方与正确不正确或好不好完全是两回事儿。尽管此专利摘要的译文已被收录在 EPO 数据库中(未见此专利申请书全文的译文),但 EPO 对其准确性是不负责的,而且并不意味着 EPO 一定会批准此专利申请:
http://v3.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/inpadoc;jsessionid=FBA2F5566934D5BE0E67D823A1472017.espacenet_levelx_prod_1?CC=CN&NR=1528738A&KC=A&FT=D&date=20040915&DB=EPODOC&locale=en_EP
The EPO does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of data and information originating from other authorities than the EPO; in particular, the EPO does not guarantee that they are complete, up-to-date or fit for specific purposes.

[Edited at 2011-02-22 19:39 GMT]

nigerose
China
Chinese to English
+ ...
官方提供 Feb 23, 2011

这种专利情报信息不可能纯粹由民间机构提供的,必然有官方背景。

[专利文献翻译]EPO-SIPO联合自动机器翻译国际研讨会
http://www.xifawu.com/doc/11575af37217ec54a12d4842c9fd7613.html

其中提到:
专利摘要(人工翻译)

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
这会儿不翻墙也进来了 Feb 23, 2011

不知道哪个是常态。

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
The Firewall Feb 23, 2011

Zhoudan wrote:

这会儿不翻墙也进来了

不知道哪个是常态。

Well, that's anyone's guess. But from some recent news reports I've read out there, given the social and political unrest lately that's occurring in some parts of the world, the Chinese government would only move to further strengthen the monitoring of social media and the Internet.

So like I said in another thread, I think it is to everyone's benefit to avoid using certain words and phrases which the filtering mechanism of the firewall might find offensive. IMHO that's the only way, in the long run, to keep this professional website accessible to those in Mainland China whose work really depends on it.

[Edited at 2011-02-23 19:59 GMT]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
Importance of a human translator Mar 1, 2011

nigerose wrote:

由此证明,人的重要性还是第一位的。

I have no idea about who the translation provider is. A big problem of the translation provider is its carelessness and irresponsibility. What sense does it make "to provide a method to prepare a compound method"? Besides, even a machine is able to correctly translate 氯乙基苯 into chloroethylbenzene, instead of ethylbenzene as the translator provided. Moreover, translation for the following sentence is totally missing: 本发明方法具有路线短、操作简单、总收率高达30~35%、制备成本低的特点。

Apparently, the translation provider with “an official background”, if any, doesn’t even have an editor or proofreader for this translation. Normally, a U.S. translation agency would have at least a translator and an editor for a patent translation project. Sometimes, they would add a proofreader to the team. Quite often, a client (e.g., a chemical company) would also ask one of its own employees, normally a bilingual scientist or engineer, to review the translation. A poor translation like this one is bound to be rejected sooner or later.

[Edited at 2011-03-01 16:22 GMT]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
Basic structure of the abstract Mar 3, 2011

A translator is supposed to use a series of gerund phrases instead of a series of parallel sentences when describing steps of a process in the abstract of a patent. A basic structure of the abstract should be like this:

The present invention provides a process for preparing a compound of Formula (I), comprising (the steps of):
- carrying out the Friedel-Crafts reaction of (II) with octanoyl chloride to form (III);
- converting... See more
A translator is supposed to use a series of gerund phrases instead of a series of parallel sentences when describing steps of a process in the abstract of a patent. A basic structure of the abstract should be like this:

The present invention provides a process for preparing a compound of Formula (I), comprising (the steps of):
- carrying out the Friedel-Crafts reaction of (II) with octanoyl chloride to form (III);
- converting (III) to (IV) ...;
- condensing (IV) with (V) ... to form (VI);
- or carrying out an elimination reaction of (IV) ... to form (IX), and then condensing (IX) with (V) ... to form (VI);
- reducing (VI) to form (VII);
- carrying out hydrogenolysis of (VII) to obtain (VIII); and
- hydrolyzing the obtained compound in the presence of a base, and then acidifying with hydrochloric acid to yield the compound of Formula (I) as a salt.

Note: The above is not meant to be a finished translation. To make it simpler and easier to read, I only kept the Roman numerals (I) to (IX) to represent corresponding compound, and omitted those chemical names and other less important components of the description.

Original text in Chinese:
本发明提供制备如式(I)化合物的方法:所述方法包括以下步骤:
- 氯乙基苯(II)与辛酰氯进行Friedel-Crafts反应,生成对辛酰基氯乙基苯(III);
- 对辛酰基氯乙基苯(III)在碘化钠的作用下转化成对辛酰基碘乙基苯(IV);
- 对辛酰基碘乙基苯(IV)与乙酰氨基丙二酸二乙酯(V)在碱的作用缩合生成2-对辛酰基苯乙基-2-乙酰氨基丙二酸二乙酯(VI);
- 或对辛酰基碘乙基苯(IV)在碱的作用下进行消除反应生成对辛酰基苯乙烯(IX),对辛酰基苯乙烯(IX)与乙酰氨基丙二酸二乙酯(V)在碱的作用下缩合生成2-对辛酰基苯乙基-2-乙酰氨基丙二酸二乙酯(VI);
- 化合物(VI)还原生成2-[4-(1-羟基辛基)苯乙基-]2-乙酰氨基丙二醇(VII);
- 化合物(VII)氢解得到2-对辛基苯乙基-乙酰氨基丙二醇(VIII);
- 经碱水解,然后盐酸酸化成盐得到(I)。

[Edited at 2011-03-03 21:28 GMT]
Collapse

nigerose
China
Chinese to English
+ ...
subjecting to Mar 7, 2011

ysun wrote:

- converting (III) to (IV) ...;
- condensing (IV) with (V) ... to form (VI);
- or carrying out an elimination reaction of (IV) ... to form (IX), and then condensing (IX) with (V) ... to form (VI);
- reducing (VI) to form (VII);
- carrying out hydrogenolysis of (VII) to obtain (VIII); and
- hydrolyzing the obtained compound in the presence of a base, and then acidifying with hydrochloric acid to yield the compound of Formula (I) as a salt.

Note: The above is not meant to be a finished translation. To make it simpler and easier to read, I only kept the Roman numerals (I) to (IX) to represent corresponding compound, and omitted those chemical names and other less important components of the description.

Original text in Chinese:
本发明提供制备如式(I)化合物的方法:所述方法包括以下步骤:
- 氯乙基苯(II)与辛酰氯进行Friedel-Crafts反应,生成对辛酰基氯乙基苯(III);
- 对辛酰基氯乙基苯(III)在碘化钠的作用下转化成对辛酰基碘乙基苯(IV);
- 对辛酰基碘乙基苯(IV)与乙酰氨基丙二酸二乙酯(V)在碱的作用缩合生成2-对辛酰基苯乙基-2-乙酰氨基丙二酸二乙酯(VI);
- 或对辛酰基碘乙基苯(IV)在碱的作用下进行消除反应生成对辛酰基苯乙烯(IX),对辛酰基苯乙烯(IX)与乙酰氨基丙二酸二乙酯(V)在碱的作用下缩合生成2-对辛酰基苯乙基-2-乙酰氨基丙二酸二乙酯(VI);
- 化合物(VI)还原生成2-[4-(1-羟基辛基)苯乙基-]2-乙酰氨基丙二醇(VII);
- 化合物(VII)氢解得到2-对辛基苯乙基-乙酰氨基丙二醇(VIII);
- 经碱水解,然后盐酸酸化成盐得到(I)。

[Edited at 2011-03-03 21:28 GMT]

carrying out 改用subjecting to 更好,当然句子要做适当修改。

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
Why is it better to change to "subjecting to"? Mar 7, 2011

nigerose wrote:

carrying out 改用subjecting to 更好,当然句子要做适当修改。

Thank you for your comment, though.

IMO,原译文不是“要做适当修改”的问题,而是需要彻底修改。而且,连这么几个简单的化合物,其名称都译错了好几个。

[Edited at 2011-03-07 04:59 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

這算是翻譯 (Is this considered translation to you?)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »