Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61] >
這算是翻譯 (Is this considered translation to you?)
Thread poster: Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Libin PhD
Libin PhD  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
那个价格是多年以前的事情了 Jul 25, 2005

那个价格是多年以前的事情了,我当时普通项目的收费标准是$0.25一个中文字。这几年由于市场行情恶化,已经一降再降,再也收不到那样高的价格了。一些Native English Speakers拼命降价竞争,弄得整个市场行情不像样子,是大家的悲哀。

Yueyin Sun wrote:
我完全同意李斌的意见。像他说的第一类项目,像我这样背景的人,肯定不会去碰。至于第二类项目,只要你有把握,完全可以去做。类似于李斌举例的那种项目,我也常碰到,只是收费没那么高。我明知翻译社一时不容易找到能够胜任的翻译(能胜任的也未必有时间做),也不好意思“宰”人家,因为以后还要长期合作。不过我以后要适当提价,因为有些项目做起来要化很多时间去做调查研究。李斌收这么高的费用,我相信仍是物超所值,并非是乘机“宰”他一下。

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:02
English to Chinese
+ ...
你说得对 Jul 25, 2005

休假一直在考虑,我哥哥的女儿快要考大学了,等她考上大学,我想带她一起去欧洲玩,到那时我来看你。

chance wrote:

你的成功想必也是多年持续不断地努力工作学习的成果,是不是也该考虑考虑休假旅游了......

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:02
Chinese to English
+ ...
Chinglish??? Jul 26, 2005

Yueyin Sun wrote:

我并非是指责所有的Native English speakers,而是对极个别常说别人的英语是Chinglish的人有意见,同时反对那种“Non-native English speakers不能做中译英”的陈词滥调。李斌说得对极了:“那些说Non-native English speakers不能做中译英的Native English speakers,多半自己本身根本就做不了上面的这个项目。”有些懂中文的 Native English speakers 中文程度很差。有的所谓的“中文博士”写出来的东西还不如一个中国中学生的水平。当然我欢迎他们学中文的热情,并且承认,他们学中文比我们学英文大概要难得多。但我认为,作为一个翻译,像他们这样的中文程度,即使做一般的中译英也难以做好。我们常可看到他们在回答一些简单的中文Kudoz问题时根本就没有理解那些问题,常常是答非所问,却还要说别人的回答是Chinglish。

有的人甚至指责,Non-native English speakers声称自己能做中译英是违反职业道德。还说他们自己就从不声称能做英译中。问题是你不能做英译中并不等于别人就不能做中译英。你吃不到的葡萄就让别人去吃吧。

李斌、Zhoudan以及其他一些朋友的例子说明,Non-native English speakers完全可以做好中译英。所以我们大家千万不要妄自菲薄,不要信那个邪!

How about this for an eye opener? A peer here commented that one of my recommendations of "standardization" was Chinglish. Hmmm...I was born in the United States, and didn't leave the States until I was 8 years old. In addition I've been working for IBM as an engineer for the past 22 years. I wonder where I learned this "Chinglish"?

Old opinion: neutral
Old comment: standardisation 的普通意思 =
使...标准化;使符合规格.(朗文进阶词典) shouldn't be used
here.//standardisation of standards, standards
standardisation

New opinion: neutral
New comment: standardisation 的普通意思 =
standardisation? I don't think so. standardisation is
Chinglish here I think. Any evidence from English native
webpages for this usage?

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Might as well advertise myself a little Jul 26, 2005

我初中上的是北京一零一中, 高中上的是北京四中, 文革前北京最拔尖的两所中学。 Earned a BSEE from the University of Texas at Austin with highest honors. Earned an MSEE from Syracuse University while working for IBM.

No accent whatsoever in either languages(Northern US and 普通话 actually).

Chingish my a$$.

[Edited at 2005-07-26 05:24]

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
回头你提前打招呼,也许我来看你们更方便,再说。 Jul 26, 2005

Zhoudan wrote:

chance wrote:

Libin PhD
Chinese to English
+ ...
Many words in British usage use 'sation' while in the US 'zation' is used. Jul 26, 2005

I guess the peer who said "standardization" was Chinglish is probably used to British English usage. We have many words like this, where sation becomes zation in American usage. Another example would be analyse and analyze. So don't take it too much to heart.

wherestip wrote:

How about this for an eye opener? A peer here commented that one of my recommendations of "standardization" was Chinglish. Hmmm...I was born in the United States, and didn't leave the States until I was 8 years old. In addition I've been working for IBM as an engineer for the past 22 years. I wonder where I learned this "Chinglish"?

Old opinion: neutral
Old comment: standardisation 的普通意思 =
standardisation

New opinion: neutral
New comment: standardisation 的普通意思 =
standardisation? I don't think so. standardisation is
Chinglish here I think. Any evidence from English native
webpages for this usage?

[Edited at 2005-07-26 04:13]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
仁兄上的都是Top schools,就职的是Top company,不简单! Jul 26, 2005

wherestip wrote:

我初中上的是北京一零一中。 高中上的是北京四中。 Earned a BSEE from the Unviersity of Texas at Austin with highest honors. Earned a MSEE from Syracuse University while working for IBM.

No accent in either languages.

Chingish my a$$.

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Thanks Jul 26, 2005

Libin, Ph.D. wrote:

I guess the peer who said "standardization" was Chinglish is probably used to British English usage. We have many words like this, where sation becomes zation in American usage. Another example would be analyse and analyze. So don't take it too much to heart.

Thanks a lot, Dr. Li, for trying to make me feel better.

For the short time I've been here, I've noticed the aggressiveness that some know-it-alls display toward others, belittling others as hobbyists, housewives, and hacks, etc..

To me it is laughable that people like this who think they are superior to others don't even know that standardization is a perfectly good English word that stands on its own. He/she intentionally twists it into "standardization of standards" "standards standardization", and then calls it "Chinglish".

What a riot!

Xuchun
Xuchun  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
台式电脑的维修倒是相当简单 Jul 26, 2005

chance wrote:

我不太了解国内对笔记本电脑的售后服务,不过在我们这里,即便在保修期之后,绝大多数情况是返回到制造商指定或认可的车间去修理,因为笔记本的原件与台式不同,非常精细脆弱,而且一般不能由其它厂家的原件替代。所以这里一般购买时也都同时购买3至5年的保修。

我的台式PC更新换件都自己动手,风险小。不过上次把Ethernet卡从一台电脑取下再插到另一台时怎么也插不进,最后一使劲,把卡给毁了,好在没有触及到更敏感部分,否则也就报废一台PC。

在成为Freelancer之前,我去学了电脑编程,Hacker未成 但对现在的工作还真有帮助。如果你能去学几个月的电脑维修班,就可以自己解决不少问题了。

Bon courage !

Chance,
我两台电脑都是PIII的,保修期早过了,一般在保修期内都不大会发生问题。台式电脑的维修倒是相当简单。去年我的台式电脑显示有故障,画面变得模糊且会抖动。这时就要判断是显示器还是显卡有问题。从笔记本电脑用Remote control软件连上笔记本电脑,在笔记本电脑上显示的台式机桌面还是模糊抖动的,这样就可判断是显卡故障无疑。直接去买一块新显卡换掉就OK了!
对于笔记本电脑维修,我本来也想拿到索尼维修中心去修,但一来维修费起码要高一倍,二来那个维修点位置比较偏僻,大热天还要找到那里去。而就近可以维修电脑的地方到处都是,没想到的是这些修理人竟然如此的不专业!我有点担心的CPU什么被换的事也居然发生,竟然还扣了电脑中的一根内存条!
还有一点不能肯定的是,电脑放他们那里修,会不会把我硬盘中的全部数据也拷走?那些密码什么的可都在硬盘上呢!我之所以有此担心,是因为电脑还放在他们那里维修时,我一个用了五年之久的电子邮箱的密码竟然被改了,害得我赶紧把其他邮箱的密码、moneybookers的密码全改掉!

Libin PhD
Chinese to English
+ ...
You're most welcome Jul 26, 2005

wherestip,

You're most welcome. I guess the peer who said that is probably still young. People just need to learn. When he gets close to our age, I am sure he will become more tolerant.

wherestip wrote:

Libin, Ph.D. wrote:

Thanks a lot, Dr. Li, for trying to make me feel better.

For the short time I've been here, I've noticed the aggressiveness that some know-it-alls display toward others, belittling others as hobbyists, housewives, and hacks, etc..

To me it is laughable that people like this who think they are superior to others don't even know that standardization is a perfectly good English word that stands on its own. He/she intentionally twists it into "standardization of standards" "standards standardization", and then calls it "Chinglish".

What a riot!

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
谢谢! Jul 26, 2005

不过还早着呢:)
chance wrote:

Zhoudan wrote:

chance wrote:

Libin PhD
Chinese to English
+ ...
你说的这些很可怕唉 Jul 26, 2005

Xuchun,你说的这些很可怕哦,这些人怎么能这样做生意呀,他们是不是恨回头客呀。

Xuchun wrote:

Chance,
我两台电脑都是PIII的,保修期早过了,一般在保修期内都不大会发生问题。台式电脑的维修倒是相当简单。去年我的台式电脑显示有故障,画面变得模糊且会抖动。这时就要判断是显示器还是显卡有问题。从笔记本电脑用Remote control软件连上笔记本电脑,在笔记本电脑上显示的台式机桌面还是模糊抖动的,这样就可判断是显卡故障无疑。直接去买一块新显卡换掉就OK了!
对于笔记本电脑维修,我本来也想拿到索尼维修中心去修,但一来维修费起码要高一倍,二来那个维修点位置比较偏僻,大热天还要找到那里去。而就近可以维修电脑的地方到处都是,没想到的是这些修理人竟然如此的不专业!我有点担心的CPU什么被换的事也居然发生,竟然还扣了电脑中的一根内存条!
还有一点不能肯定的是,电脑放他们那里修,会不会把我硬盘中的全部数据也拷走?那些密码什么的可都在硬盘上呢!我之所以有此担心,是因为电脑还放在他们那里维修时,我一个用了五年之久的电子邮箱的密码竟然被改了,害得我赶紧把其他邮箱的密码、moneybookers的密码全改掉!

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
拷贝其它数据到不一定对他们有什么用,你把邮箱和网上银行转帐汇款密码全改变就对了! Jul 26, 2005

很遗憾这样的事会发生,而且帮不了你什么忙。

感谢你把这段遭遇告诉大家,以后我们都会注意到这些问题。

Xuchun wrote:

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:02
English to Chinese
+ ...
佩服佩服! Jul 26, 2005

wherestip wrote:

我初中上的是北京一零一中, 高中上的是北京四中, 文革前北京最拔尖的两所中学。 Earned a BSEE from the University of Texas at Austin with highest honors. Earned an MSEE from Syracuse University while working for IBM.

Chingish my a$$.

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
wherestip, Jul 26, 2005

很高兴能在这里遇到象你这样有经验的老将。

我们这里年轻人多,所以才有朝气。不过有时就像我这样不太年轻的也会不知深浅,请别太介意。

wherestip wrote:

Chingish my a$$.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

這算是翻譯 (Is this considered translation to you?)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »